sigplus Image Gallery Plus or (sigplus in short) is a straightforward way to add image galleries to an article with a simple syntax. The galleries exhibit the well-known lightbox effect: when a thumbnail is clicked, the corresponding image appears in a pop-up window overlay, without navigating away from the current page.
The plug-in implements features that are usually found only in image gallery Joomla plug-ins that are either commercial or require paid club membership. sigplus ships with all features included, there is no upgrade to a commercial professional version.
In order to get access to the latest features, new sites should install sigplus 1.5.x or later. This page and related documentation is preserved for historical reasons; sigplus 1.4.x is no longer actively maintained or supported.
- user-selectable pop-up window engine, including popular Slimbox, prettyPhoto, FancyBox and boxplus (specifically designed for sigplus)
- user-selectable image slider/carousel/rotator
- free-flow and grid layout mode; row, column and grid arrangement
- support for image types .jpg, .png and .gif (with and without transparency)
- best-fit thumbnail generation with automatic cropping and centering
- progressive load feature to save network bandwidth [≥1.3]: only those images are fetched from the server that are being shown
- multiple galleries per content item and per page
- multilingual, search engine-friendly image labels and more verbose description set globally and for each individual image
- right-to-left language support
- download option to save high-resolution image version
- image metadata processing; IPTC data extraction
- custom styling (preview image margin, border, padding and opacity, slide duration and animation delay)
- custom sort criteria (user-defined, file name, last modification time and random order)
- large gallery support (100 or more images in a single gallery) [≥1.3]
- default global settings for the entire site and local parameter overrides for individual galleries
- restricted-access galleries and more...