showplus is an eye-catching slideshow for a front-page to display a set of images with user-defined transition between them. It is easy to get started with but offers a number of customization options for more advanced users.
The majority of the server-side code base for showplus has been derived from the successful image gallery plug-in sigplus, whereas client-side browser code has been developed specifically for showplus and is also available separately.
- responsive design, scales to arbitrary size
- choose from six transition animation types: fade, zoom, pan, Ken Burns effect, push, wipe
- attach captions to images with multilingual support using a labels file with fall-back to a default caption
- hyperlink each image to an arbitrary location
- order images according to filename or last modified time, shuffle images each time the page is shown, or specify custom order
- quickly navigate between images with a horizontal or vertical navigation bar
- use it with both left-to-right and right-to-left languages
Installation and setup
showplus is hosted at BitBucket.