sigplus adds photo and multimedia galleries to a Joomla article with a simple syntax. It takes a matter of minutes to set up but comes with a vast range of options for advanced users.
Despite its versatility, sigplus is completely free. It is a full-fledged product with all features included, there is no need to buy a commercial professional version for extra features or purchase club membership to unlock additional privileges. Since its publication in the Joomla Extensions Directory in March 2010, sigplus has been rated the best extension in the Photo gallery category. Needless to say, if you find sigplus useful, we appreciate a donation.
- user-selectable pop-up window engine, including boxplus (specifically designed for sigplus), Bootstrap Modal (included with Joomla), Fancybox, Fancybox3 (separate license may be required) and Slimbox2
- user-selectable image slider/carousel/rotator
- free-flow and grid layout mode; row, column and grid arrangement
- fully responsive, mobile-enabled
- suitable for 4K resolution and retina displays
- build gallery from images on the server or photos on Flickr
- support for image types .jpg, .png, .gif (with and without transparency, with and without animation), .webp and .svg
- multimedia support (HTML <video> tag)
- best-fit thumbnail generation with automatic cropping and centering
- progressive load feature to save network bandwidth: only those images are fetched from the server that are to be shown
- multiple galleries per content item and per page
- multilingual, search engine-friendly image labels and more verbose description set globally or for each individual image
- right-to-left language support
- image caption templates
- image metadata processing; IPTC and EXIF data extraction
- download option to save high-resolution image version
- custom styling (e.g. preview image margin, border, padding and opacity, slide duration and animation delay)
- custom sort criteria (user-defined, file name, last modification time and random order)
- integrates into Joomla content editor and Joomla search
- large gallery support (100 or more images in a single gallery)
- default global settings for the entire site and local parameter overrides for individual galleries
- restricted-access galleries
- and more...
This article gives step-by-step instructions on how to get started various sigplus package components.
Creating an image gallery with sigplus is super easy but it it not much more difficult either to set some basic options. This article shows how.
sigplus is not only easy to get started with but comes with a number of customization options. This article demonstrates some of the more advanced features sigplus has to offer.
Among other more advanced topics, this article demonstrates how to create galleries that open with a custom hyperlink, how galleries work with both image and video items, and how sigplus can display galleries with images taken from a directory hierarchy.
sigplus has various layout modes, each suited for a particular purpose. This article compares fixed layout, flow layout and packed layout.
A central notion to sigplus is image captions. This article shows how to assign captions to images and how to use caption templates.
This article discusses key concepts in sigplus terminology that are used extensively in the documentation, including the description for extension parameters.
This page discusses configuration parameters available in the back-end to fine-tune the sigplus plug-in and module appearance and behavior.
This page describes the syntax of and demonstrates how to use the plug-in activation tag.
There are times when you would like to show some images from a folder but not all. Image filters come to the rescue.
There are several ways to specify parameters that control how sigplus works and appears. This article elaborates on these options and their relative precedence to one another.
sigplus has its own stylish pop-up window implementation called boxplus but also ships with several third-party animated lightbox engines. The following examples demonstrate the pop-up window types available within sigplus.
Not all parameters are generic enough to grant a dedicated visual on the sigplus configuration page. Engine-specific parameters allow further customization beyond standard configuration settings.
sigplus version series 1.5.x (code-named Novo) is a major improvement compared to earlier version series 1.4.x. This section shows how to map settings from an earlier version to the latest version.